Hemp! A close cousin of Marijuana! High Already?
Well, so am I, on this 100% Organic, Chemical and Paraben free skin and hair care brand – SATLIVA!!!
About 10 days back, I had the good fortune of visiting an Organic Brands Manufacturing Unit that dealt primarily with Hemp Seeds, Satliva! It was a meet-up like none other where we got to make our own soap from scratch using oils extracted from this super seed called Hemp along with other essential oils. Harshaa and Namrata, the co-founders, also made us aware of the Hemp seeds nutritional values like its high content of Omega 3 Fatty acids, Vitamin A and E along with its high antioxidant qualities. All this made it a great cleanser and moisturiser along with an effective anti ageing stimulant. We found out that it adds Vitamin D to skin, lack of which could cause Skin Cancer.
Soap Making in Progress –
Now there are established brands like Bodyshop that are already selling Hemp based products, then one would ask why should we go for this new brand. Well, you should, because Satliva uses the purest form of Hemp Oil extracted from Organic seeds procured all the way from the hills of Northern India. They use ZERO chemicals and are 100% Paraben free, non-toxic and will give you results you can see from the very first use.
I personally tried 8 of their products and here’s a quick review on what I felt about them –
- Hemp with Shea Butter Infused with Activate charcoal Body Soap – I have very sensitive skin, even eating meat gives me heat rashes, touch prawns and my face swells up, kissing my husband’s bearded face leaves me with rashes. So it’s practically impossible to find something that suits my skin and the only thing I use is Cetaphil soap/wash and natural ingredients like tomato seeds, honey, yoghurt etc. Very reluctantly I tried this soap and I loved it; it has a cooling effect on the skin because of the peppermint oil and healed my heat rashes (if you follow my Instagram stories you must have seen how bad it was) in 3 days and this time around they did not even leave any marks. I also had a few pimples on my right cheek and they are drying up too. This soap leaves you refreshed and no body odour for at least next 24 hours. I even use it on my 6-year-old.
- Mango Fresh Face Butter – This non-oil, non-greasy day cream is my fav of the entire range. Mango seed butter is known to be very good for dry skin and delicate areas like the under eyes. However, this Satliva formula even suits my Oily face and combined with their soap, has reduced my acnes by almost 90%. It unclogs the pores and hence very effective for acne prone skin.
- Hemp with Moringa Face and Body Oils – I opted for the Moringa Oil with Hemp because apparently, Moringa Oil opens up the pores, hence it is advisable to use only at night post a shower so that the skin can breathe while you sleep. It is also an effective anti ageing because of the high antioxidant contents. I have been using it for the past 3 nights and loving the results already.
- Cocoa Bliss Body Butter – My husband has extremely dry skin, especially around the area that is covered by his socks. It’s worse that the chapped cheeks of those cute Buddhist boys running around in the cold streets during the winters and we have tried everything from Bath and Body Works to Sephora body butter to Glycerin. While the most effective was Glycerin, it had its own disadvantages like its super sticky nature and the effects lasting for only a day. However, with this cocoa body butter, it’s been an amazing experience. The skin has become so supple and soft after just 3 days of using it that even when I asked him not to apply it for a day so I could get some pictures of the original skin condition, it didn’t help. The skin was already way better than what it was earlier. Below are a few pictures of after 3 days application where you can see the lines where it was dry and rough and a picture of today, day 6 of application.
- Hemp with Argan Hair Oil and Shampoo Bar – While my hair felt dry and rough after the first wash with the shampoo bar and I had a word with Harshaa about it, he assured me that it should become smoother eventually and suggested I use it with after oiling my hair with the hair oil. I was reluctant and went back to my Patanjali Milk Protein shampoo. However, over the weekend determined to test it again, I oiled my hair and later washed it with the shampoo bar. This time the hair felt much better and smoother and the best part, my scalp was cleared of persistent dandruff. I have tried everything to clean my scalp right from home remedies like Listerine to Apple Cider Vinegar to shampoos from all around the world to professional salon services but to no use. But this one wash seems to have cleaned my scalp. It’s been a little over 24 hours now and while I see a few flakes coming back, I am hopeful that regular use will clear it permanently.
- Hair Cream – I do not like it as much as it leaves a greasy feeling to the hair, maybe it will act as a great styling gel but I haven’t tried it as one yet. My husband, however, loves it and wears it to office everyday 😛
- Lip Balm – Yet another great product and doesn’t provide just superficial coverage like some other brands like Nivea and Forest Essentials but actually makes me soft and supple. I apply it overnight to wake up to soft lips in the mornings.
And no the brand doesn’t stop with just this! You are in for a real treat with the amazing packaging that these magical bars and oils come in. You can feel the love and care that goes into each piece as soon as you lay your eyes on them. They have the best packaging any Organic product has even seen, yet it leaves behind no Carbon Footprint. These made-to-order products with a shelf life of no more than 3 to 6 months come in the most beautiful paper made boxes ever, which also makes them a great gifting choice. So what are you waiting for, check them out now –
Now coming to the Styling part, here’s what I wore for the factory visit. If you follow me on Instagram you must have noticed that I love to mix prints and patterns and like to personalise my clothes. Hence this look was created with a DIY choker, a sheer Olive Top from Lulu & Sky, a floral Bag Strap used as belt (out of stock, but I will do a DIY soon), a Red Satin Skirt from Fab Alley, glittery heels (old one from Myntra, now out of stock) and this Napolean jacket I picked up during my visit to Hong Kong this winters. While I have linked all the available items, I literally foraged around the internet for this jacket and found a few similar pieces for all of you who loved it so much on Instagram and am providing the links below. Hope it helps!
YSL Option (Scroll down to the second image)
Until next time, have a great week guys!